Secure Networking shifts to the Apps.
Organizations are moving towards a diverse application environment consisting of multiple clouds and various application platforms. With the rise of hybrid work models, they need to tackle the expanding attack surface. Merely implementing reactive security measures is impractical and costly.
Shift to Zero Trust Application Networking
The traditional network perimeter is evolving and becoming more fluid. It leads businesses to integrate security into their network infrastructure to monitor and proactively manage threats from a broader attack surface. Implementing multiple layers of security challenges has historically been challenging due to the need for additional appliances, ongoing operational expenses, and network infrastructure-level adjustments. As a result, application operators have needed more capabilities and visibility, relying on only basic measures.
Operationalizing Zero Trust Application Networks
There are multiple approaches to achieving a zero-trust security model. Traditional network vendors may argue for their appliance stack, while Cloud Service Providers focus on Identity and Access Management (IAM). At Ubyon, we believe identity is the new perimeter and best implemented close to your applications. We designed TrustMesh with the following guiding principles:
- Identity-first: All users, machines, workloads, and applications must be identified before they can connect. Relying on IP addresses as the source of identity is insufficient.
- Cloud-first: Federate with multiple Cloud identity systems to accommodate the world of Cloud Ops.
- Dynamic authorization: A programmable framework for access authorization that integrates with CI/CD processes.
- Network abstractions: Abstract all networking programming from application operators at a service and protocol level. TrustMesh handles all the necessary translations to talk to the underlying network.
- Built-in visibility: Audibility and visibility enhanced with identity and service awareness for swift remediation. No changes to existing networks: The solution can be implemented without requiring modifications, whether on-premise or in the cloud.
Such an architecture enables operators to implement a lightweight solution promptly without significant effort. They can begin with pointed use cases, such as streamlining user access to servers, machines, and backend services across various environments; eliminating VPNs, bastions, passwords, and keys. As teams become more comfortable operating a programmable architecture that provides continuous discovery and contextual enforcement, they can expand the scope to cover access across workloads, machines, and applications.
Get started now
We can combine the network and security domains to create a unified and secure experience. Integrating security into every aspect of operations is crucial to enable proactive, continuous, and contextual monitoring and threat detection. We aim to identify and neutralize threats before they can result in significant data breaches.
Welcome to zero-trust application networking!